Key Benefits of Oat Flakes
Based on our collaboration with the Agricultural Research Institute in Kroměříž (which specialises in oat research) we have concluded that compared to other cereals oat flakes are the most valuable.
Reasons why oat flakes are considered so beneficial for our health.
- They contain a particularly high proportion of oat fibre with a well balanced ratio of soluble and insoluble fibre
- Insoluble fibre improves digestion and effectively prevents constipation and serious alimentary tract disorders including colon cancer
- Soluble fibre (betaglucanes) reduces blood cholesterol level and protects your heart
- Consumption of oat flakes helps reduce blood sugar level and prevents or moderates diabetes
- Oat flakes help to fight obesity as they reduce hunger, induce a long-lasting feeling of saturation and regulate digestion
- Compared to other cereals oat flakes have a higher content of amino-acids, vitamins (B and E), minerals and trace elem ents - primarily iron, magnesium, calcium and zinc